Saturday, July 12, 2008

Initiative and Beyond

There's a lot of talk out there with the promise of rich internet applications. Let me add to the pile of e-promises and tell you all right now what my purpose is: To put the BLING in rich internet applications. That's right, Bling. This blog will serve to document my adventures with Silverlight, something I'm equally excited and frustrated about. Excited, because it's a subset of WPF, and frustrated, because it's a ridiculously SMALL subset of WPF (No triggers! Seriously). There is already a very clean application that can be used with the Silverlight 2 beta 2 that you can find here:

http://www.farseergames.com/

My cohert, Vargo, spoke endlessly of the ultimate blog, with promises of tutorials, vlogs, discussion boards, and the community that would come with it. What was the result, months after the vision? Nothing. The first step is the hardest, is this why he never takes it? As is the norm, I took the liberty of relieving him of that step and created the page you are looking at now. Wow, action! Imagine that. I remember the last idea we had, another great one. Behold the glory of an internet multiplayer 3D platformer featuring shader instancing, shadow mapping, etc, which was code named Project Earnie:



Who's idea was it? His. What did he do? Nothing. His sermons only yield inaction. But there is a hidden fruit to all this malice: He inspires me to be different. And so my disposition towards development has been cemented as: Don't talk, Do. I'll be sure to deliver something tangible within the next few months, mark my words.

d-roc

No comments: