Saturday, July 19, 2008

Indecision in Game Design

Every week my game changes. This week, we're looking at Civilization meets Supreme Commander with a dash of Wall Street (in game stock ticker reflecting the game economy, stock purchasing incorporated in full force!). A game will be played simultaneously by at least ~40 players in their browser and last around a month. They log in every day or so and spend 30 minutes managing their country/state/corporations. The first chapter will be titled "Secession" and only contain the United States. I'm trying to limit the scope for the initial release while keeping the environment interesting. I don't know about you, but I've always wanted to invade Jersey.

Keep posted for progress reports! My alpha will most likely by a single player game with no ai but a real time version of the game described above, to test out physics and game mechanics.


I would like to take a moment to apologize for the ramblings of Vargo. He's spamming his own blog with gibberish and making the whole site look pretty amateur. Maybe after he reads this, he'll clean it all up. I wish there was an option to view posts by author, if there is let me know. For now, to save you time, just look for posts by d-roc. Vargo's posts combined might produce one with substance. I hope this doesn't continue and again, sorry.

No comments: